Thursday 23 April 2015

Typography

Paula Scher


Paula Scher is an American Graphic Designer, painter and art educator in design. She was the first female to relate her work to the principal of Pentagram. Pentagram is a design studio which was found in 1972 and was found on the premise of collaborative interdisciplinary designers working together in an independently owned firm of equals.

Environmental Graphics
Her designs involved a lot of environmental graphics which, inspired me to have a go about it myself. As you can see she created different typography and placed it on various building and objects. I think her work looks effective and well thought out, the way the text is incorporated on various buildings. 


As you can see here I have created my own city typography inspired by the designer Paula Scher herself, I designed this using Photoshop. The way she put words on buildings I did my design the same way, however I took the building picture off and left the words on only, which I found to be more effective visually. 
Not only did Paula work with Typography on buildings, but she also had the vision of experimenting with maps and theater typography.




Face Typography                                 Shaped Typography








These typographic images are an inspiration as they influence me on how I could develop my final design and idea. I think these designs are well thought out and really well structured as it is unique and the design looks effective. 


Here is my work that I created on Photoshop using typography and Obama's face.

As well as face typography I created a design of the world using typography, using words of different religions.